Designing a website or a webapp requires following some rules and taking into consideration that the project is not only a graphic project but a web project too. The next sections are crucial for any web project.
Fonts and texts
Fonts are an essential part of every design, they shouldn’t be chosen without discernment. Choosing the wrong font for a project could have financial and legal impacts. It is recommended to ask your client to buy these fonts to avoid possible future issues and take into consideration the condition of use. Some webfonts are limited in terms of pageviews and can’t be hosted.
Links and navigation
Images / Icons
Forms and buttons
- Design Better Forms – UX Collective
- Design Better Input Fields – UX Collective
- Designing Perfect Text Field: Clarity, Accessibility and User Effort
- Button UX Design: Best Practices, Types and States – UX Planet
- How To Design Better Buttons — Smashing Magazine
- Buttons in Design Systems – EightShapes – Medium
Responsive Web Design
Style Guide and component approach
Analysis and pre-work phases
The validation phase is when everything seems to be ready to be integrated. The client, in general, validate the creatives without waiting for any approval from the technical team. As exposed in the Design Checklist, it is essential that developers ensure the quality of the delivery before starting to code.
Before launching your website, be sure to review all your pages using the Front-End Checklist.